So you know how it happens. You buy in lots of fruit and veg with the weekly shop and suggest to the family that they try healthy snacks instead of chocolate and sweets. So they have a run on fruit and veg and it is all gone in 2 days. So what do you do???
Well the following week you buy double the amount of the favourites, banana, apples, etc. But this week they have gone off bananas so you end up with the one lonely banana sat in the bowl turning freckly, then brown and eventually if you don’t do something it will be black and liquified.
Now if you are like me you don’t want to bin it, you don’t want to eat it so time to find a recipe hence
1 lovely freckly banana
1tsp vanilla essence
4 oz caster sugar
4 oz veg margarine
4 oz self raising flour
12 Muffin Cases
1. Turn oven on to 160°C
2. Mash your banana with a fork until it is lovely and sloppy
3. Cream the marg, vanilla essence and the sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat eggs into the banana and slowly add to the marg and sugar mixture.
5. Using a metal spoon fold in the flour.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
If you find the recipe too sweet, I prefer slightly tarter snacks, reduce your sugar. Kids will hardly notice the difference